Thursday, November 12, 2009

Taste of Summer

A dear friend recently invited me to participate in an email recipe exchange. The directions said the best recipes were the ones you knew by heart and that you made often. I immediately thought of my homemade pork burgers. I had been planning on making them that day. On a cold fall day, those burgers taste just like summer. Whenever we eat them, I think of warm summer days, like the one depicted in this layout I recently finished.




Here is my recipe, one passed down to me by my mom:
1 package of ground pork
1 egg
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried thyme (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced onion
salt and pepper
Combine well. Shape into patties. Grill until no longer pink. Serve on lightly toasted buns. Should make 4 good sized burgers.

No comments: