Friday, July 2, 2010

Friendzy Friday--Stencils

Sometimes I like to make my own background paper. And this is even better when you can coordinate it with your embellishments. So I created my own stencil using a die and some acetate from a bling package.

Supplies: craft paint, sponge, acetate, your favourite die, background paper.


Run the acetate and die through your cutting machine to create the stencil. Hold the stencil carefully (or tape down with green painters tape) and sponge paint onto the paper through the stencil. Start with a light coating of paint and build up your colour slowly.


Let paper dry. You can wash your stencil and use it over and over again. And voila you have your own unique background paper! I used a tone on tone effect here, pink paint on pink paper, so it is a bit hard to see in the photo. This layout is from the NSD challenges, using one of Joanne's sketchs.



I used pink paint on white paper to make this fun card for our niece and God daughter's birthday earlier this week. And the best part was I could coordinate my green die cut flower embellishments with my background floral design!



Happy Birthday Jennifer!




2 comments:

Carolyn Wolff said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for the great tip!

Deanna said...

Amazing, I am so trying this!