Thursday, April 5, 2012

Life is a Beach

Today I just found out we will be spending a day in Chicago enroute to Germany this summer. Weird you say? Last time I looked at a map, Chicago was in the WRONG direction. My airplane crazy husband loves to do that...means more time on the BIG PLANE. He is certifiable for sure. But I won't complain. Chicago is such a fun place to hang out for the day. This time we will have my 80 year old father in law with us.

So in honour of this great news, I thought I would post a layout of our day in Chicago in 2010. I used Kaisercraft "Seaside" papers plus MLS mini alpha stickers and some tickets from my stash.



I fussy cut some of the great flowers from the papers to play up the "beach" theme. Bet you didn't know Chicago has a great beach right beside downtown!


Can't wait to go back!

Thanks for looking and hope everyone has a great long weekend!

6 comments:

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Awesome Sharon! Love the colours!

Avril Tanner said...

Great layout! And I am sure you will enjoy the side trip this year too!

Deanna said...

Great layout and I am so jealous that you are going to Germany!

Laureen said...

More and more trips for you! I am jealous (wink). FAB on fussy cutting! Interesting that there is a beach there!

Joanne said...

Great page Sharon! Chicago is one of my fav cities! Although I did not know they had a public beach or palm trees! lol
Joanne xo

Carolyn Wolff said...

Great layout Sharon, but I am with Joanne.....I had no idea there were palm trees in Chicago.