Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother


This week I have been really sick with the nasty cold that is going around. But I found time to get to my craft room and make some mother's day cards. I badly needed some inspiration in my foggy sick state. So the cards I created were inspired by other talented crafters. 

I made this card for my mother-in-law...







I was inspired by this card by Rochelle Washington. I just love those embossed chevrons on her background! Since I didn't have that kind of embossing folder, I die cut my chevrons first and then embossed them with tiny dots.On the inside I used one of my favourite sentiments..."you are a blessing to me."

When I showed the card to my hubby, he said "cool chevrons"! I couldn't believe he even knew that word! Seems we brainwash our loved ones into scrapbooking even more than we realise!! 

I decided to link up with Simon Says Stamp and Show for  their "inspired by" challenge this week. 

Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there and I hope my mother-in-law likes her card!


pp, ink, dies, cs, stamps~ PTI



4 comments:

Rosanne said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the embossed chevrons!

Laureen said...

Pretty card! Love that you embossed the chevrons!

Avril Tanner said...

Love the embossed chevrons! Great Card!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!